forest path

forest path

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Journey


As I traversed the desert of my soul, at first all I saw was its harshness and death. Its starkness and emptiness were striking and unnerving. 
The air was constricting and heavy,pulling away life and energy.
It was our Golgotha the place of testing.
 After crossing through to the seemingly unending side with the marks of the desert suffering on my body I looked back to see what I had been through.
I was expecting to see all the pain, misery, trials, tribulations, betrayals, failures, disappointments, judgments and criticisms instead I saw a beautiful lush garden. 
Where had the desert gone?
As I stood in disbelief and wonder the fragrance from the Rose of Sharon wafted in my nose carried by the winds of the Spirit. It was sweet and full bodied even palatable. The air was alive with life. I could feel healing mixed with the air as it wrapped around my body, the marks of suffering immediately disappeared and my skin was as new soft, vibrant and incorruptible. There was no place for death.
 I walked the garden path further and the beauty was so indescribable that there are no earthly words to speak that convey the wholeness and completeness. I walked deeper into the garden
I could feel the vibrancy and fullness increase. .As I came around the corner I stopped and stood in absolute dumbstruck awe. Completely gobsmacked!
  I was struck by the total encapsulation of purity and energy of the triune God...It dropped me to the ground like a hammer blow... I could not look up, I could not stand, it was to overpowering.
 As I lay there my body vibrated from the energy and purity ... I could see the time that has past, what was before Adam and what has come since Adam. I began to cry openly deep heaving sobs.....  oh how this world has been marred by sin; our eyes have not seen the whole of it, nor do we understand the breadth and depth of it.  As I lay there watching the timeline pass in front of me my sobs turned to tears of joy and thanks I saw God's grace released through time. 
Thank you God for your grace which reinstated and heals us.
Blessed Triune God, keep us ever mindful of what lay ahead, lift our eyes heavenward and forward when we encounter everyday trial and temptations. How we love you and your ways.
We desire to be so full of your Holy Spirit completely saturate us that we drip with your holiness and fragrance. Come fill us Holy Spirit!
 . Season our words so  they may bring life and healing to those the wild goose brings us to . Help us to bring into this world your lush garden of life.
 Keep our eyes on the Christ that has given us life hope and meaning. Keep us pure in our love for you and each other. Help us remember we are the victor by your wholly magnificent grace, the enemy and his minions are under our feet.
To God is the Glory, blessed be the King of Kings hear the cry of our hearts Lord and gracious God.    Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment